Environment Management System
What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is the internationally recognized standard for the environmental management of businesses. It prescribes controls for those activities that have an effect on the environment. These include the use of natural resources, handling and treatment of waste and energy consumption.
The Benefits of implementing ISO 14001
Implementing an Environmental Management System is a systematic way to discover and control the effects your company has on the environment. Cost savings can be made through improved efficiency and productivity. These are achieved by detecting ways to minimize waste and dispose of it more effectively and by learning how to use energy more efficiently. It verifies compliance with current legislation and makes insurance cover more accessible.
How do you start to implement ISO 14001? What is involved?
Firstly, you need to evaluate the effect your organization has on the environment. You then need to prioritize ways in which you might reduce them. Next, identify the boundaries of your management system and document your procedures for implementing the requirements of ISO 14001. You will need to ensure these procedures are implemented and then audited. If you have ISO 14000 systems in place, many of the requirements of ISO 14001 will already be covered, or can be easily incorporated into them.
Once developed, internal audits are needed to ensure the system carries on working. The setting of targets for the environmental policy and continual measuring against it ensures the system is maintained.
Why seek certification to ISO 14001?
Once you have an environmental management system in place, you may choose to have it externally audited. Following a successful audit by an accredited certification body, you will be issued with a certificate of registration to ISO 14001. This demonstrates that your organization is committed to environmental issues and is prepared to work towards improving the environment. It also gives a competitive edge to the company’s marketing and enhances its image in the eyes of customers, employees and shareholders
Why ISO 14000 ?
- Improvements in overall environmental performance and compliance.
- Provides a framework for using pollution prevention practices to meet EMS objectives.
- Increased efficiency and potential cost savings when managing environmental obligations.
- Promote predictability and consistency in managing environmental obligations.
- More effective targeting of scarce environmental management resources.
- Enhance public posture with outside stakeholders.
- Increase in process yields.
- Less downtime through more careful monitoring and maintenance.
- Improved utilization of by-products.
- Conversion of waste into commercially valuable forms.
- Reduced energy consumption.
- Savings from safer workplace conditions.
- Reduction of costs associated with emissions, discharges, waste handling, transport & disposal.
- Improvements in the product as a result of process changes. Higher quality, more consistent products. More efficient resource use.
What We Offer ?
With a team of highly qualified Certifications and trainers having vast industrial experience, Focus ISO Certification. partners organizations across the world to implement and achieve ISO 9001 certification. Our Certification approach is highly professional, time bound and effective resulting in ease of implementation and adds value to the business processes of the client organization.
Contact us at info@Focus ISO.com to get your organization ISO 9001 certified.